(Updated Jan. 25, 2021) Students attending UMass may request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, subject to religious and disability accommodations pursuant to state and federal law.
To request a medical or religious exemption request:
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal
- Click “Forms”
- Select the appropriate form (Medical Exemption Request or Religious Exemption Request)
- Download and complete the form (must be signed by a parent or guardian if student is under 18)
- Click “Upload”
- Select “Required Immunizations Form,” upload and submit the completed form
Faculty or staff who wish to request a medical or religious-based exemption from the vaccination requirement may do so using the forms located on the HR Fall 2021 website.
Required Testing for Students, Faculty or Staff with an Approved Exemption
- Students who have an approved COVID-19 vaccine medical or religious exemption are required to be tested twice a week.
- Faculty and staff who have an approved COVID-19 vaccine medical or religious exemption are required to be tested once a week.
In the event of an identified elevated public health risk, emergency, or outbreak, exempt individuals may be isolated and/or excluded from campus, including but not limited to all classes, activities, travel, and on-campus housing.
Exemptions granted for Fall 2021 remain in effect for Spring 2022.