COVID-19 Testing Programs
Updated Jan. 15, 2021
Free asymptomatic testing COVID-19 is conducted at the Public Health Promotion Center at the Mullins Center. Testing is by appointment only.
Testing is required for:
- Students who reside on campus are required to be tested twice a week. In addition, off-campus students coming to campus for face-to-face classes, research labs or work are also required to be tested twice a week.
- Undergraduate students who live in the Amherst area and are not coming to campus for classes are required to get tested twice a week.
- Graduate students coming to campus are required to get tested twice a week.
- Graduate students who live in the Amherst area and are not coming to campus for classes are strongly encouraged to get tested weekly. These students also have the option to be tested twice a week.
- Faculty who are teaching or conducting research on campus are required to be tested weekly.
Clinical faculty who are working in healthcare facilities or University Health Services staff who are providing in-person healthcare are required to be tested twice weekly.
- Staff who regularly work on campus are required to be tested weekly.
Amherst area is defined as Amherst, Hadley, Leverett, Belchertown,Pelham, Shutesbury and Sunderland.
Testing is also available by appointment for members of the local community aged 10 or older. Learn more about the community COVID-19 testing program.
How to Schedule Your Asymptomatic Test
Testing is by appointment only. No walk-ins are allowed.
1. Visit the Campus Health Hub and select “Book an Appointment” (If you receive a message that says, "Currently you are not registered as part of the program,” click the link that says "Please Fill Out This Form," then fill out the form and you will then be allowed to book your appointment.
2. Click “Walk-In at Mullins Center”
3. Choose the date and click next
4. Select an appointment
For students getting tested twice weekly, we recommend a Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday testing schedule.
If you have any of the symptoms in the Daily Symptom Checklist, DO NOT come to the Mullins Center for testing.
Get Your Test Results
Your test results will be ready in 24 to 36 hours.
Individuals who test negative will be notified via email from Careevolve@lknotification.com. You will need to register and log in to a secure portal to get your results.
Individuals who test positive will receive a call from a UMass Amherst public health nurse, who will explain further steps. Individuals who test positive will be required to isolate in accordance with the guidelines of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state public health authorities. We will help you every step of the way.
How to do the Daily Self-Check
The Daily Self-Check should be conducted before coming to campus or leaving a residence hall each day.
Students will access the Campus Health Hub conduct their Daily Self-Check, and if you have a symptom of COVID-19, text SYMPTOM to 413-944-8562.
You’ll receive a link to self-schedule an appointment for symptomatic COVID-19 testing on the UHS Patient Portal. Login or create an account, click the APPTS tab, and follow instructions to schedule your appointment. When it’s time for your appointment, go to the UHS Respiratory Clinic.
Information about the daily screening remains private. The data is not stored on the app.
- Step 1: Stay Home, and call your supervisor
- Step 2: Call or email the COVID-19 HR Response Team at 413-687-2283 or COVID19HR@umass.edu.
Information about the daily screening will remain private. The data is not stored on the app.
Daily symptom monitoring and testing will occur throughout the semester. Students, faculty and staff shall conduct a daily self-screening, and those with any COVID-19 symptoms, living either on or off-campus, will be expected to report those symptoms to University Health Services (UHS).
Close contacts with a COVID-19 positive individual will also be promptly tested. Infection rates will be monitored on campus and in the Amherst area.