Athletics recommends hosting fans at home competitions as determined by state orders.
- Football will host six home games at McGuirk Alumni Stadium, including UConn and the home opener September 11 against Boston College.
- Over the summer, Athletics will assess pre-game tailgating and gatherings based on state restrictions for outdoor gatherings.
- While adhering to state guidelines, we recommend hosting home competitions for fall sports at full capacity: Men’s and Women’s Soccer; Field Hockey; and Men’s and Women’s Cross Country.
- We recommend engaging students to attend athletic events and will continue to work with Student Affairs and Campus Life and the Student Government Association to drive support to our contests.
Pre-Season and Move-In Plans
- We will have Football and Men’s Basketball move in during Summer Session 1.
- Women’s Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rowing, and Field Hockey will move in during Summer Session 2.
- Fall sports will begin reporting the first week of August.
- We have been working to secure on-campus housing for those that need it for pre-season.
- We will work with Residential Life on move-in again. We prefer to be on the front side again to get athletes moved in so we can do physicals, paperwork, and meetings before school begins.
- We will not be in one residence hall in the fall. We plan to go back to regular assignments, utilizing 50% of Prince and housing others throughout Southwest.
NCAA and/or Conference Requirements
- Much of this work will begin in May and June.
- We will assess the public health environment, including the vaccine situation, across the country.
- We will have most of our staff back to work in the fall. We want to do as much as we can in person.
- Game operations staffing will be based on the level of attendance allowed by the state.