We offer classroom training through Workplace Learning & Development, online training through OWL and instructional online job aids. Please also browse our Guides, Manuals and Policies.
Staff members of the Controller's Office offer ongoing trainings through Workplace Learning & Development in:
- Journal Workflow
Visit Workplace Learning & Development for a list of upcoming workshops. Register online.
Post Award-Financial Research Administration Training for Principal Investigator Signing/Approval Authority on Sponsored Projects
We also offer online training through OWL. If you are the delegated authority to approve charges on a Federal grant, you are required to take the Post Award-Financial Research Administration Training for Principal Investigator Signing / Approval on Sponsored Projects. To register contact chartstr [at] admin.umass.edu (chartstr [at] admin.uass.edu. )
If you are entering Travel or Business Expense you should take the Employee Travel and Business Payment Process training through UPST.
People Soft Finance Job Aids
New PeopleSoft Finance Interface, use the PeopleSoft 9.2 User Guide to get started.
A&F Systems PeopleSoft Finance Job Aids. Download instructions, and watch videos on these topics:
- Finance Reporting
- General Ledger and Budget
- Travel and Expense
Journal Workflow Training
Contact David Bennett bennett [at] umass.edu
Research Administrator Trainings-Post Award
- Come join us for Core 5 Post Award Financial Research Administration - Next Class 10/19/23
- Come join us for PRO Series- Controller’s Office Presents- Cost transfers in FY24 - Classes to be posted with tentative dates of 10/24 from 10AM -12PM, and 11/16 from 10AM-12PM.
Prior Trainings Offered:
- Cost Sharing
- Financial Closeout of Awards
- Finance Research Administration / Post Award Administration
- Fly American and Open Skies
- Cost Transfers
How to find an Award in Summit
Refer to the Finding Awards in Summit Job Aid [PDF]. This job aid guides Principal Investigators (PI) on locating and accessing the Notice of grant Award Document in Summit.