FY 2020 Closing Dates
|Month||Fiscal Period||ACTUAL Ledger Closing Date||ADJUST Ledger Closing Date|
|August||2||09/13/2019 *||09/20/2019 *|
|September||3||10/11/2019 *||10/18/2019 *|
|June||12||07/10/2020 **||07/31/2020 **|
Rules for Determination of Close Dates:
- If the first day of a calendar month falls on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday, then the month end close will be the Friday of that week; otherwise, it will fall on the following Friday.
- The Friday for year-end close is the Friday of split payroll week.
Logic for ADJUST Ledger Close:
- The ADJUST ledger will be used for the monthly/quarterly adjustments after the ACTUALS ledger has closed.
- The ADJUST ledger will close 1 week after the ACTUALS ledger closes. For the quarter close, the ADJUST ledger will close 2 weeks after the ACTUALS ledger closes.
- For Fiscal Year End, it will close at the last day of July.
Logic for Period 998:
- Period 998 is for annual adjustments.
- This period will open on April 1st and will close on Labor Day each year.
- After the period is closed, any additional adjustments will need to be requested thru the Associate Controller in the President's Office.
* For the August and September month end close, the ACTUALS ledger will close one week later. The ADJUST ledger will close one week later.
** The FY2020 ACTUALS Ledger will close on Friday, 07/10/2020 while the ADJUST Ledger, for all campuses, will be 07/31/2020.
Worcester Business Units:
- UMWOR, WUMMF, WCCCP, WCPSP, WCS00, WCS01, WCS03 thru WCS11, EL600, EL610 and EL650.
- WCS02 will be located in Amherst, but belongs to WCCCP.
Building Authority & Foundation Business Units
- UMBLD and UMFND business units will follow the same closing schedule outlined above. Activities will be booked at the President's Office on a quarterly/annual basis. These business units are shared across campuses and are identified by campus using the department number. Below is the list of departments:
- AMH1000000 - Amherst
- BOS1000000 - Boston
- CEN1000000 - President's Office
- DAR1000000 - Dartmouth
- LOW1000000 - Lowell
- WOR1000000 - Worcester