Class EE Administrative Expenses

This class includes only those codes that are appropriate for requisition/purchase order use that cover administrative expenditures associated with University departmental operations and programs. 

Contract Use

Department staff should verify with their business manager or bookkeeper whether a contract (University, Campus, Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium ((MHEC)) or State) is available for the type of purchase to be made.

Employee Reimbursements

All employee reimbursements must be processed through object class BB – Employee Related Expenses, and cannot be done on requisitions/purchase orders. Process on a Disbursement Voucher or a Travel Voucher, whichever is appropriate.


Requisitions/purchase orders are inappropriate for recharge departments. Check with the respective recharge area for their requirements.