Stockbridge School of Agriculture
2023 Stockbridge School of Agriculture Commencement – AS Degree
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Stockbridge AS Degree Commencement Ceremony will take place Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. in Bowker Auditorium, Stockbridge Hall.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 a.m. Candidates arrive with robes for mandatory rehearsal in Bowker Auditorium
- 9:45 a.m. Candidates gather on front steps of Stockbridge Hall for class photo
- 10:30 a.m. Candidates assemble in the basement of Stockbridge Hall
- 10:55 a.m. Procession of candidates
- 11:00 a.m. Ceremony begins
- 12:00 noon Ceremony ends. Reception follows immediately on east lawn
CAPS, GOWNS, TASSELS
- Caps, gowns, and tassels, all prepaid by your senior fee, will be distributed on the following days:
- At the Commencement Fair: Wednesday, May 17, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Campus Center Auditorium
- The week of Commencement: Monday, May 22 – Thursday, May 25, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Campus Center 165-69.
- Please remember to bring your ID card.
Plan to attend the reception at 12:00 noon, immediately following the commencement ceremony. Refreshments for all graduates and guests will be served on the east lawn of Stockbridge Hall.
To ensure delivery of your diploma, please check SPIRE to confirm your diploma mailing address. Diplomas will be mailed after grades have been received, recorded and processed. The anticipated mailing date is August 31, 2023.
- Students who completed their degree requirements in January 2023 and those who anticipate completing them by May 2023 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- If you graduated in January 2023 and wish to attend the May 2023 ceremony, please contact Elizabeth Wiernasz at email@example.com, 211 Paige Lab, by March 24.
- If you are scheduled to graduate after completing the Fall 2023 term, and wish to attend the May 2023 ceremony, please contact Elizabeth Wiernasz at firstname.lastname@example.org, 211 Paige Lab, by March 24.
Questions regarding degree requirements and/or graduation credits should be immediately directed to Dr. Baoshan Xing, email@example.com, 205 Paige Lab.
Jostens® can help commemorate your graduation with products that include class rings, diploma frames, graduation announcements, and more! Visit jostens.com to see their list of products or to place an order!
HOMETOWN PRESS RELEASES
Each summer the Office of News and Media Relations sends press releases about in- state graduates to daily and weekly hometown newspapers in Massachusetts. Because of the large number of graduates involved, names are usually published in lists. Out-of- state graduates wishing to have press releases sent to their hometown newspapers must complete a form available from the News Office at https://www.umass.edu/news/news-events/hometown-news-requests or call (413) 545-0444.
University medallions are presented to each graduate during the ceremony. Vehicles may be parked in all Lots, including Lot 65 and the Campus Center Parking Garage, free of charge.
Vehicles may be parked in all Lots, including Lot 65 and the Campus Center Parking Garage, free of charge.
Professional photographers will take pictures, available for purchase, as graduates receive their diplomas. Personal photography/videotaping is permitted provided it does not interfere with the ceremony.
A MANDATORY rehearsal will be held on Saturday, May 27 at 9:00 a.m. in Bowker Auditorium, Stockbridge Hall. The seating plan for candidates in each major will be arranged during rehearsal.
Ultimate Exposures® will be on campus to take cap and gown photos as well as professional photos May 22-25 in Campus Center, rooms 162-75. Walk-ins are welcome or make an appointment online by visiting, ultimateexposures.com.