The Office of External Relations and University Events invites submissions for Student Speaker at the 2020 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony at McGuirk Stadium on May 8, 2020. Do you have words of inspiration, encouragement, or reflection that you would like to share? Have you ever envisioned yourself speaking in front of your fellow graduates, families and friends at the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony? If so, then this opportunity might be right for you!
- All September and December 2019 graduates and/or May 2020 degree candidates are eligible to submit a speech proposal by midnight, February 7, 2020.
- Speeches must be the intellectual property of the author; no group or collaborative submissions will be considered. Speeches should be of general interest to graduating seniors as well as to parents and other guests and may include personal impressions and experiences of college life - both academic and extra-curricular.
- Submissions must be approximately two typed pages, double-spaced, or the equivalent of three to four minutes of speaking time; speeches exceeding this limit will not be considered.
- The committee of students and faculty will review the submissions to select the finalists. Three to five individuals will be invited to audition before the committee in March, after which the speaker will be selected. All nominations will be handled in strict confidence.
- Submit proposals to: Rebecca Dufault, Student Speaker Selection Committee, 305 Whitmore Administration Building, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting speech proposals has passed.