Dear CMASS & the Broader UMass Community,
Many of us are having strong reactions to the outcomes of the election process. I encourage you to take care of yourself and others as we are a community that I believe has the capacity for care and compassion. To our students, if you are in need of support please remember that there are resources for you. Below is a list of some ways, both virtually and in-person, to receive the support and connection you may need:
- Latin American Cultural Center will be open from 1:30PM to 11:00PM today for community members to come together in solidarity.
- Malcom X Cultural Center will be open from 1:30PM to 11:00PM today for community members to come together in solidarity.
- Drop by our CMASS office in Wilder Hall and meet with a staff member who can provide support and guidance. You can also call 413-545-2517 to schedule an appointment.
- Connections in Color – Nov 10th, 4-5:30 CMASS
- Meditation Sessions – Nov 9th, 5:30-6:30 Campus Center
Let’s Talk Drop In CCPH Counselor Sessions
- Nov 10th 1-2pm Engineering Library
- Nov 16th 5-6:00pm Campus Center Room 177
- Nov 22nd 4-5pm Recreation Center Wellness Room
- CCPH Support Groups
- LGBTQIA Support Groups
- Contemplative Spaces on Campus
- Acupuncture at UHS
- Wellness Center – Campus Recreation
- On-line/Self-Guided Readings and Resources
- Vigil in Amherst for Love & Unity, TODAY, November 10, 2016 @ Amherst Commons https://www.facebook.com/events/201414576968740/
Oscar Collins & Wilma Crespo Nieves
Center for Multicultural Advancement & Student Success