Chemistry Advisors will meet with students to discuss course sequences and future plans, as well as remove Academic Advising Holds from your Spire account. Be sure that you bring your projected class schedule and completed checklist to the advisement meeting. It is important that students register as soon as possible during the assigned period, therefore you should schedule a meeting with your before your assigned registration period. If students do not register at this time, they may find it impossible to register for a required course. Remember that it is the student's responsibility to see that departmental, college, and university requirements are satisfied.
When meeting with your advisor, please bring with you:
1. Your proposed schedule, click here to download a blank scheduling grid.
2. Your course checklist for the BA or BS degree curriculum.
Topics to consider:
- Course sequence
- Advising holds/registration holds
- Research plans
- Your specific chemistry interests
- Is chemistry a good fit?
- Summer plans
- Internship opportunities
- Long-term goals/Career planning
- Graduate school applications
- Letters of recommendation
- Managing academic challenges and/or personal difficulties
Undergraduate Program Director: Nate Schnarr
Chief Undergraduate Advisor: Ruthanne Paradise
Departmental Honors Coordinator: Justin Fermann
Undergraduate Research Coordinator: Nate Schnarr
Undergraduate Program Manager: Brigette McKenna
Please contact CNS Advising for the following:
- Credit Overload Petition
- 10 Semester Hold
- Suspension/ Academic Warning/ Dismissal