The Joint Subcommittee on Administrative Costs and Services (JSACS) was founded in Spring 2015 as a subcommittee of the Joint Task Force on Strategic Oversight (JTFSO) and the Joint Task Force on Resource Allocation (JTFRA). Its charge is to:
- Outline a strategic budget process for A&S units moving forward, within the context of the development of a larger campus-level budget process.
Undertake a first iteration of review of administrative costs and services:
- Review the A&S reports from this past summer, including the “look in the mirror” prompts from the Chancellor.
- Identify priorities for early examination and develop an appropriate review process.
- Provide a framework for information to be shared among A&S units and academic units so that plans and needs can be evaluated in concert.
- Identify sources of support for engaging in a discussion and review of both revenues and expenses.
- Organize and oversee that first round of reviews.
- Make a recommendation on process moving forward, including identifying what “committee” or group of stakeholders will conduct this review moving forward.
The work of JSACS continues in Academic Year 2016-17, serving as a subcommittee of the JTFSO-JTFRA successor, the newly established Campus Planning and Resource Committee (CPARC).