DEADLINE: Applications for 2022-2023 Faculty Fellows are DUE April 8, 2022. To apply click here.
Download Faculty Fellows 2022-23 Call for Application Flyer here.
The Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Faculty Fellowship is for faculty who would like to develop new learning opportunities for their students in collaboration with off-campus community partners.
Are you a faculty member who would like to:
- provide students with a deeper, experiential academic understanding of the world in which they live and their power to be positive agents of change?
- integrate community engagement and service learning into your course?
- enhance your engaged research with a community partner you already work with, and strengthen the relationship between your engaged scholarship and your teaching?
- develop or adapt a course that would meet requirements for the Certificate in Civic Engagement and Public Service?
If you are interested in any of the above, the Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Faculty Fellowship allows you to:
- Connect with like-minded faculty from departments across campus.
- Explore methods for mutually beneficial relationships with communities.
- Learn to apply a high-impact, transformative pedagogy for social change relevant to any discipline.
- Help your department contribute to all four student learning goals of the UMass Strategic Plan: Community, Agency, Responsibility, and Proficiency.
CESL Fellows attend monthly meetings, and work on new or existing syllabi with a diverse group of faculty from across campus. Fellows are awarded a $1000 stipend that is transferred to their home department and can be used as research funds, or as one-time additional compensation subject to appropriate taxation and other deductions.
DATES FOR AY 22-23: Orientation/retreat on Friday, August 26th 2022, from 12:00 - 4:00 PM, then the 8 monthly seminars (on Fridays, from 12:00pm - 2:30pm): September 30th, October 28th, November 18th, December 16th, January 27th, February 24th, March 31th, April 28th.
Monthly seminars are on Fridays, and meet from 12:00pm - 2:30pm.