DEADLINE: Applications for 2021-2022 Faculty Fellows are DUE April 2, 2021. To apply click here.
Download Faculty Fellows 2021-22 Call for Application Flyer HERE
The Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Faculty Fellowship is for faculty who would like to develop new learning opportunities for their students in collaboration with off-campus community partners.
Are you a faculty member who would like to:
- provide students with a deeper, experiential academic understanding of the world in which they live and their power to be positive agents of change?
- integrate community engagement and service learning into your course?
- enhance your engaged research with a community partner you already work with, and strengthen the relationship between your engaged scholarship and your teaching?
- develop or adapt a course that would meet requirements for the Certificate in Civic Engagement and Public Service?
If you are interested in any of the above, the Civic Engagement and Service-Learning Faculty Fellowship allows you to:
- Connect with like-minded faculty from departments across campus.
- Explore methods for mutually beneficial relationships with communities.
- Learn to apply a high-impact, transformative pedagogy for social change relevant to any discipline.
- Help your department contribute to all four student learning goals of the UMass Strategic Plan: Community, Agency, Responsibility, and Proficiency.
CESL Fellows attend monthly meetings, and work on new or existing syllabi with a diverse group of faculty from across campus. Fellows are awarded a $1000 stipend that is transferred to their home department and can be used as research funds, or as one-time additional compensation subject to appropriate taxation and other deductions.
DATES FOR AY 21-22: Orientation/retreat on Friday, August 27th 2021, from 12:00 - 3:30 PM, then the 8 monthly seminars that follow are on: FALL 2021 dates / September 24th, October 29th, November 19th, December 17th; SPRING 2022 dates / January 28th, February 25th, March 25th, April 29th
Monthly seminars are on Fridays, and meet from 12:00pm - 2:30pm.