Group fitness classes, including TRX, are part of your recreation membership. Full-time, matriculating undergraduate students have recreation membership at no additional cost during the academic year. Faculty, staff, graduates and continuing education students are required to purchase a recreation membership at Member Services in the Recreation Center to participate in group fitness classes.
Group fitness classes are held in multi-purpose activity rooms in the Recreation Center. Activity rooms 118 & 121 are located on level 1. Activity rooms 210 & 215 are located on level 2. Cubbies are located in and near activity rooms for personal belongings. Please follow posted policies, including:
- Only activities on the published schedule are permitted in activity rooms.
- Registration on IMleagues is required to attend Monday-Friday classes that start at 12pm or later.
- Classes start on time. Participants will not be permitted to enter class once the door is closed.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in group fitness classes.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of class to get checked in and get any equipment.
- Proper exercise attire, including footwear and upper and lower body clothing, is required. Bare feet is permitted for designated classes only.
- Water is permitted in unbreakable containers. Other beverages and food are not permitted.
- Audio equipment is for instructor use only.
- Fitness equipment is for its intended purpose and must remain in activity rooms.
- Personal instruction or training other than scheduled through Campus Recreation is prohibited.