Requirements for Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers
Thank you for your interest in working with Campus Recreation's fitness programs.
Candidates for personal training and group fitness must hold a national certification. Preferred certifications:
- ACE: http://www.acefitness.org/fitness-certifications/group-fitness-certification/default.aspx
- ACSM: https://www.acsm.org/get-stay-certified
- NASM: http://www.nasm.org
- NSCA: http://www.nsca.com/Home/
- ISSA: https://www.issaonline.edu/
- AFAA: http://www.afaa.com/
- Mad Dogg Athletics (Spinning): http://www.spinning.com/en/become_an_instructor
- Beach Body (PiYo, Insanity, Turbo Kick): http://www.beachbody.com/
- YogaFit: http://www.yogafit.com/
- Zumba: http://www.zumba.com/en-US/trainings
- Belly Dance: http://www.bellyqueen.com/
Certifications and exams must be obtained through live administration. For group fitness instructors:
- Submit an employment application to be considered for an audition. Assistant Director Jill Isabelle determines audition schedules.
- Prepare an audition consisting of a 20-minute version of the class format you would like to teach, including warm-up and cool-down. A separate audition may be required for each class format you would like to teach.
- As a group fitness instructor, you are required to attend mandatory meetings and commit to the classes you will be teaching.