UMass Recreation & Wellbeing has something for everyone, whether it's intramural sports, group fitness classes, nutrition advising, personal training, or drop-in recreation for pick-up basketball, swimming, walking on the track, or running on the treadmill -- a total recreation experience!
At Member Services in the Recreation Center, we'll assist you with your recreation needs, including recreation membership, renting a locker, pointing you in the right direction, and answering your recreation questions. Recreation memberships and guest passes are available during open hours (credit/debit card, check, cash accepted; cash sales 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday only; photo ID required for personal checks). Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center at 413-545-0022.
Recreation facilities are for use by UMass students, faculty/staff, associates, and alumni with valid UCard with recreation membership. Proper ID is required for entry to all recreation facilities. Unauthorized use of facilities may subject person to trespassing notice from the Police Department.
Membership is required to use recreation facilities. Recreation membership includes:
- Recreation Center, including group fitness classes and nutrition advising
- Boyden and Curry Hicks pools during recreation hours and assigned locker in Boyden locker room (no additional fee for assigned locker in Boyden)
- Boyden gymnasium during recreation hours
- Mullins tennis courts
- Equipment/towel checkout
- Guest privileges -- members can bring up to two guests per visit ($10/guest/visit)
- Participation in intramural sports -- available to UMass students and faculty/staff only (participation in intramural sports is not available to retirees, alumni, associate members & guests)
Age requirements for associates and guests:
- Recreation Center -- age 18+
- Boyden gymnasium courts -- age 15+
- Boyden and Curry Hicks pools -- age 6+ (ages 6-17 access to Family Swim only)
- Mullins tennis courts -- age 6+
- An associate member and/or guest under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an 18+ sponsor with Campus Recreation membership.
- Membership and guest fees are payable at the Recreation Center. Patron UCard is required to purchase membership.
- Recreation memberships and guest passes are available during open hours (credit card, check, cash accepted).
Recreation Quick Facts pdf
Questions? Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center at 413-545-0022.