UMass Campus Recreation has something for everyone, whether it's intramural sports, group fitness classes, nutrition advising, personal training, or drop-in recreation for pick-up basketball, swimming, walking on the track, or running on the treadmill -- a total recreation experience!
At Member Services in the Recreation Center, we'll assist you with your recreation needs, including recreation membership, renting a locker, pointing you in the right direction, and answering your recreation questions. Recreation memberships and guest passes are available during open hours (credit/debit card, check, cash accepted; cash sales 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday-Friday only; photo ID required for personal checks). Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center at 413-545-0022.
Membership is required to use recreation facilities. Recreation membership includes:
- Recreation Center, including group fitness classes and nutrition advising
- Boyden and Curry Hicks pools during recreation hours
- Assigned locker at Boyden
- Boyden gymnasium during recreation hours
- Boyden handball/squash courts
- Mullins tennis courts
- Equipment/towel checkout
- Guest privileges -- members can bring up to two guests per visit ($10/guest/visit)
- Participation in intramural sports -- available to UMass students and faculty/staff only (participation in intramural sports is not available to retirees, alumni, associate members & guests)
- Recreation facilities are for the use of UMass students, faculty/staff, associates, alumni & guests.
Age requirements for associates and guests:
- Recreation Center -- age 18+
- Boyden gymnasium courts -- age 15+
- Boyden and Curry Hicks pools -- age 6+ (ages 6-17 access to Family Swim only)
- Boyden handball/squash courts -- age 6+
- Mullins tennis courts -- age 6+
- An associate member and/or guest under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an 18+ sponsor with Campus Recreation membership.
- Membership and guest fees are payable at the Recreation Center. Patron UCard is required to purchase membership.
- Recreation memberships and guest passes are available during open hours (credit card, check, cash accepted).
Proper ID is required for entry to all recreation facilities. Unauthorized use of facilities may subject person to trespassing notice from the Police Department.
Questions? Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center at 413-545-0022.