Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) Waiver
Eligible students, who meet the University Health Services (UHS) SHBP Waiver Guidelines, may waive the University's Student Health Benefit (insurance) Plan online through Wellfleet.
Deadline to Apply
Waivers must be completed before the end of the add/drop period. The deadline to waive the Student Health Benefit Plan is February 13, 2023.
How to Waive Your SHBP
- Click on the Health Insurance Waiver link on the bottom right sidebar on www.spire.umass.edu.
- That links brings you to the Wellfleet Student UMass Waiver page.
- On the Wellfleet page, select waive under the Enroll/Waive option. Follow the online instructions.
- A confirmation e-mail is sent within minutes of successfully completing the waiver request.
- Print and save this email as proof of your waiver.