Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) Waiver
Eligible students, who meet the University Health Services (UHS) SHBP Waiver Guidelines, may waive the University's Student Health Benefit (insurance) Plan online through CHP (Consolidated Health Plans). Waivers must be completed before the end of the add/drop period. The deadline to waive the Student Health Benefit Plan is September 18, 2017.
How to Waive Your SHBP
- Click on the Health Insurance Waiver link on the bottom right sidebar on www.spire.umass.edu.
- That links brings you to the Consolidated Health Plan (CHP) UMass Waiver page.
- On the CHP page, select waive under the Enroll/Waive option. Follow the online instructions.
- A confirmation e-mail is sent within minutes of successfully completing the waiver request.
- Print and save this email as proof of your waiver.
- Contact Consolidated Health Plans customer service (800) 633-7867 if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Ferpa Privacy Waiver
Students complete the FERPA Privacy Waiver form online in SPIRE. This waiver allows students to permit the sharing of some non-academic information with specified designees. Academic records are not included in this waiver. The FERPA Privacy Waiver is applicable only to Financial Aid, Office of the Bursar, and Residential Life (Housing) Services information. How to complete the FERPA Privacy Waiver.