The deadline to waive the University's Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) is September 16th, 2019
How to Waive Your SHBP
- Click on the Health Insurance Waiver link on the bottom right sidebar on www.spire.umass.edu.
- That links brings you to the Consolidated Health Plan (CHP) UMass Waiver page.
- On the CHP page, select waive under the Enroll/Waive option. Follow the online instructions.
- A confirmation e-mail is sent within minutes of successfully completing the waiver request.
- Print and save this email as proof of your waiver.
- Contact Consolidated Health Plans customer service (800) 633-7867 if you do not receive a confirmation email.
If you do not waive by the deadline date which is the end of add drop for the spring 2019 semester, you will remain enrolled in the SHBP and the full charge for the plan will be assessed on the semester tuition bills. No exceptions can be granted.