Office of the Bursar

The Billing and Payment Gateway of UMass Amherst

Graduate Fellowship

Graduate Fellowship Deferment Request Form.PDF

A borrower may defer repayment if he or she is enrolled and in attendance as a regular student in a course of study that is part of a graduate fellowship program approved by the Department, including graduate and postgraduate fellowship-supported study (such as a Fulbright grant) outside the United States. To receive deferment for enrollment in a graduate fellowship program, the borrower must provide certification that he or she is engaged in full-time study in an approved graduate fellowship program (or has been accepted by the program).