GEO (Graduate Employee Organization) members may enroll online in SPIRE for payroll deduction to pay their Bursar bill. You will receive an email from the Bursar's Office to your official email address that was assigned by OIT (@grad.umass.edu) notifying you of open enrollment for payroll deduction.
- Enroll on or after February 6, 2023 through Spire.
- The deadline to enroll is March 6th, 2023 @ 5pm
- 1st Installment taken with the 03/17/2023 pay-date
The link to enroll in payroll deduction for Spring is available on February 6, 2023.
Enroll in Payroll Deduction Through Spire
- On or after February 6, 2023, log into SPIRE.
- Select Graduate Assistantship.
- On the left sidebar of that page, select GEO Payroll Deduction.
- Complete the GEO Payroll Deduction form.
- Enter the total amount to be deducted from your paycheck for the semester.
- Click Consent.
- A confirmation page displays indicating the details of your payroll deduction.
- Apply by the GEO Deadline date of March 6, 2023 by 5PM.
Students must be active in the University's payroll system in order to select payroll deduction. If you attempt to enroll and receive a message that you are not eligible, please try again after you have been activated in the payroll system.