Which logos should you use when linking from a UMass Amherst website to a social media account?
Follow the official guidelines that each channel (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube) provides.
Do not use other versions of logos or badges, even those that are available free online or that you may have seen used on other UMass Amherst websites.
And note that these guidelines are becoming increasingly strict and allow little variation in how logos can be displayed. We understand that it is not always feasible to update campus websites to comply with these changes. So please use these standards when creating new websites, when making significant design changes to existing sites and, if possible, when updating existing sites.
Read and follow the official guidelines at https://www.facebookbrand.com/
Download logos at https://www.facebookbrand.com/
General guidelines for Facebook
- In all cases, use the white “f” logo in the blue box.
- Do not use the “f” logo without its bounding box, in either blue or white.
Read and follow the official guidelines at https://about.twitter.com/press/brand-assets
Download logos at https://about.twitter.com/press/brand-assets
General Guidelines for Twitter
- When linking to Twitter, use the Twitter bird logo. The bird can be followed by your @username, as described in the guidelines.
- Do not use the old “t” logo, the words “Twitter” or any other logo version.
- Do not use the bird in any other color.
To offer a Tweet or share option: Follow the official guidelines at https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons
Read and follow the official guidelines at http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/branding-guidelines
Download logos at http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/branding-guidelines
General Guidelines for LinkedIn
- Use the white “in” logo in a blue box.
- The “in” logo may be used in combination with text, as described at http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/branding-guidelines
- Do not use the “in” logo in any other color or without the blue bounding box, even against a dark background.
Read and follow the official guidelines at https://www.youtube.com/yt/brand/using- logo.html
Download logos at https://www.youtube.com/yt/brand/downloads.html
General Guidelines for YouTube
- Use either the YouTube word logo or Arrow icon.
- Use logos only in the prescribed colors of red, white, black and gray.
- Do not use the old stacked YouTube logo.
Read and follow the official guidelines at https://help.instagram.com/304689166306603
Download logos at http://instagram.com/accounts/badges/ (account login required to access this page)
General Guidelines for Instagram
- The full-color instagram logo should be used whenever possible as it renders better than the blue or black & white versions. It is also more recognizable.