Jump to navigation
- The BCRC supports a computer lab (311 Morrill) and computer classrooms (301, 302, 303, and 304 in Morrill, and 264, 360, 364, and 368 in the ISB). Some of these can be reserved. The computers include both common packages of commercial software (MS Office, Abobe Creative Suite, etc.), Free Software (OpenOffice, GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus, etc), and life science research software (Se-Al, Mesquite, Beast, Beauti, etc).
- User Accounts
- The BCRC provides accounts to students taking life science courses: Find your account & change password Accounts are generated automatically for students in Biology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry courses. Students and faculty assocaited with other life science courses may request accounts for their course.
- The BCRC supports several public printers, including a poster printer, and printers in teaching labs and provide limited free printing. We use a Print Release System to regulate student printing. Students with a demonstrated need for additional pages can request more.
- We have an instance of TinyTinyRSS set up as a feed reader. Users can subscribe to feeds and offer either "secure" (only to other users on our instance) or "public" feeds of articles they mark for sharing. This service is still experimental.
- The BCRC provides websites to support life sciences education and teaching, including Drupal, Mediawiki, and simple html. Current Biology Department Courses, Course Websites, and some Previous Semesters are available. Other educational projects are listed below:
- The BCRC supports a number of teaching and research initiatives: