The Peter K. Hepler Research Scholarship supports undergraduate research on a biological question in a laboratory or field setting outside of the United States. Funds can be used to support travel, lodging, food, equipment, and supplies.
- be a UMass student in good standing in a major in the College of Natural Sciences.
- be pursuing research addressing a question in the biological sciences.
- propose a research experience outside of the United States.
- identify a Research Mentor.
- present their research results in a venue determined by the Research Mentor during the semester following their return to the US.
Applications must be submitted through AcademicWorks no later than April 7, 2023.