The Biology Undergraduate Travel Award supports Biology majors presenting their research at local, regional, national, or international meetings as well as students whose research requires travel to a field site.
- be a UMass Biology major in good standing.
- be conducting independent research with a Biology Research Mentor.
Application Materials and Process
Students should submit:
- Completed Biology Undergraduate Travel Award Application at least 4 weeks prior to travel.
- A copy of meeting or conference abstract if applicable.
- Letter of support from your Research Mentor.
Submitting an Award Application
Applications can be submitted at any time but should be received 4 weeks prior to travel. Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail to:
Biology Undergraduate Travel Award Program
c/o Alex Gerson
Dept. of Biology
Morrill Science Center
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003