Founded in 1992 by the merger of the Botany and Zoology Departments.
Governed by Bylaws adopted March 20, 2017.
Located in the Morrill Science Center and occupying ~80,000 sq ft of research, teaching laboratory, and shared facility space.
Faculty: 50 (35 in tenure system, 2 as administrative appointees)
Undergraduate Majors: 1736
Graduate Students in Residence: ~61
Postdoctoral Research Associates and Research Fellows: 24
External Grants: 66
External Grant Annual Income: $9.5 M