Scheduled appointments for facility trained and approved users only. Make reservations using this Reservation System.
Please contact Prof. Patricia Wadsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email to schedule training and appointments for both systems.
Live Cell Imaging: Yokagawa Spinning Disc Confocal on a Nikon Ti system running Metamorph imaging software
Image shows a mammalian cell in early anaphase. The cell is expressing mCherry Tubulin which labels microtubules red and GFP-TPX2, a microtubule associated protein that binds to spindle fibers (yellow = green and red). At the lower left is a cell that is in telophase. the incipient daughter cells are connected by a midbody, a bundle of microtubules. TPX2 does not label the middle region of the midbody, only the flanking microtubules. 100x
Spinning Disc confocal system technical details
- Laser lines available: 488nm and 561nm suitable for imaging GFP, RFP, mcherry, and Cy3 conjugated antibodies..
- Mercury arc lamp available for wide field epi fluorescence imaging
- Dichroic filers available:
- RFP or Cy3 conjugated antibodies
- DAPI for nuclear staining
Single Molecule Imaging: Custom-built PALM/TIRF system on a Nikon Ti system running Elements imaging software
Image shows a super resolution of microtubules taken with the new PALM system.
Department of Biology