The UMass Biochemistry Club is a Registered Student Organization (RSO) that is dedicated to providing opportunities to undergraduate students of any major to explore a career in the Life Sciences field. The Club frequently holds peer mentoring events on topics like getting into a research lab and finding an industry internship. They also host guest speakers from biotech and pharmaceutical industries who come to campus to explain how they have made their careers in the life science field. Once each semester the UMass Biochem Club goes on an industrial lab tour, which allows students to see firsthand the types of jobs that will be available to them after graduation from UMass.
Want to learn more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officers for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Co-Presidents: Gaia Taig
- Vice President: Rithvik Sandiri
- Treasurer: Lucy Phan
- Secretary: Nandini Kritam
- Communications: Anna Chapman
- General Eboard: Rachel Griffith, Gabe Silver, Kosi Chugbo-Junius, Sarah Tobia
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Amy Springer
Activities & Events - Fall 2023
- Thursday, Sept 14th @6:30pm in ISB 145: Trivia - Meet your peers and compete for prizes, including a Biochemistry Club hoodie. All majors welcome!
- Thursday, Sept 28th @6:30pm in ISB 145: E-Board Panel - Talk to our E-board about where to find research on campus, the process of applying to graduate schools, as well as how to find internships and other opportunities in the Biochemistry field. All majors welcome!
- Thursday, Oct 5th @5pm in 913 LGRT: Shrek Move Screening - Mingle with biochemistry graduate students, eat pizza and other yummy snacks, and enjoy this classic animated film from 2001.