Website Abode Energy Management
Position Description January 2024
Hybrid position ideally for people living in MA
Apply today for training starting before the end of January!
Want to join a company that does good for the world? Do you care about the work you do and its impact on the future of our planet? Do you want caring coworkers and a good work/life balance? Join the Abode Energy Management (Abode) team, where you won’t ever want to leave. We’re fun, kind, passionate, progressive, and innovative. We are a fast-growing energy efficiency program implementor in the northeast, with a huge focus on electrification and heat pump adoption.
Building on the success of similar programs Abode currently manages for Energize Connecticut, Clean Heat Rhode Island, and a number of municipal utilities in MA, Abode is expanding our work to support Mass Save’s Heating and Cooling Program to accelerate the adoption of residential heat pumps and other decarbonization solutions. Services provided under this contract will include providing outreach, education, consultations, and technical assistance to contractors, homeowners, community advocates, and other stakeholders. With a Q1 launch date quickly approaching, we are currently seeking to fill out our team by hiring at least 2 more Residential Decarbonization Specialists. This is a terrific opportunity for someone adept at translating technical jargon into actionable, useful advice to help realize the climate impacts of electrification.
Reporting to a Program Manager and working closely with Abode’s decarbonization team, this position will include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Learn about and stay current with recommended system design and installation standards
The Decarbonization Specialist will stay current with evolving standards for the recommended design and installation of heat pumps,providing fact-based, useful advice to homeowners and contractors.
- Provide virtual consultations to residential customers considering decarbonization solutions, with an initial focus on heat pumps
The Decarbonization Specialist will help homeowners understand the capabilities and limitations of heat pump technology based on their home’s attributes and their goals for the systems. Consultations may range from helping people to understand the basic pro’s and con’s of systems all the way to helping them better understand sizing, design, and installation considerations to maximize their benefits. The Specialist will utilize Abode’s proprietary quote review tool to consult virtually with residential customers to compare and evaluate equipment options for adopting heat pumps.
- Engage with heat pump contractors, distributors, and manufacturers
The Decarbonization Specialist may meet up to two to three days per week, either virtually or in the field with companies involved in manufacturing, distributing, and installing heat pumps, both to provide them with information about related programs and incentives, as well as to learn more about industry needs. As appropriate, the Specialist may work to help troubleshoot issues that arise on particular projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by your Manager
Abode is in the midst of growing multi-faceted programs for state agencies and utility program sponsors utilizing a comprehensive blend of education, technical assistance, and financial incentives to accelerate the adoption of residential heat pumps. The Decarbonization Specialist will not only be able to rely on the deep bench Abode has built both internally and with strong partners to help deliver these services, but will also be in a front-row position to help apply day-to-day learnings to improve the processes and tools used to achieve these programs’ desired impacts.
Strong candidates for this position will bring most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning industry jargon and technical content and translating it into clear, concise, digestible information.
- Previous experience in an advisory, educational, or customer service role providing repeated advice or customer service to residential customers.
- Strong technical expertise in residential building science and energy efficiency. Experience with system design and installation for heat pumps would be ideal.
- Familiarity with navigating government or utility incentive programs.
- Previous experience working with home improvement contractors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; both 1:1 and in making presentations to groups. Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese, as well as English is a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude working with software such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce.
- Calm, even temperament suited to meeting people with different needs and backgrounds where they are.
- Adaptable, flexible, collaborative team player who brings a positive can-do attitude.
- A self-starter, able to proactively manage competing demands and changing schedules to complete tasks in a timely and diligent manner.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with total compensation targeted between $70K and $80K, depending on relevant skills and experience. The Decarbonization Specialist will work primarily out of the employee’s home office and reimbursed for mileage/travel expenses. Abode offers its employees a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, a matching 401k, and fully paid Parental Leave. Employees have a flexible working schedule and generous paid time off (~37 paid days off, or ~15% of all weekdays).
To apply, please visit www.AbodeEM.com/careers to submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a cover note clearly explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Abode is focused on broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the energy sector. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds thrive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.AbodeEM.com.