Our seniors are seeking permanent employment at these fairs and our younger students typically aim to land summer internships, co-ops or part-time jobs. Attending employers can choose to hire for either or all of these. In addition to inviting all undergraduate BCT majors and our graduate students, we are promoting this event to Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, Isenberg School of Management, the School of Earth and Sustainability and others at UMass.
Which companies should attend?
Our graduates are being hired by many different construction-related companies. The following are the main fields, but any related employer is welcome to attend our fairs.
- Construction Project Management – Residential and commercial sectors in construction and development, with small (regional) or large (national and international) firms. This encompasses general contractors, subcontractors, systems and materials suppliers, and others
- Green Building and Sustainability – Consulting, specifying and installation of: Air sealing, weatherization, insulation, building energy auditing, building energy modeling, renewable energy technologies, high performance HVAC and mechanical systems, commissioning/retro-commissioning, retrofitting existing structures, LEED-related careers
- Engineered Wood Design – Whole house structural modeling, design and supply of engineered wood roof, wall and floor systems, roof truss design and manufacture
- Technical Sales and Marketing – Building materials and equipment suppliers, retail and wholesale (inside and outside sales of: structural materials, electrical, mechanical, roofing, siding, softwood and hardwood lumber, engineered wood, windows, doors, kitchen and bath design)
When and where are the fairs? And how can companies sign up?
Our career fairs are held in the beautiful award-winning UMass John W. Olver Design Building on the UMass campus in Amherst, MA. We provide parking and lunch for exhibitors and our student helpers are always available to lend a hand for setup.
The upcoming BCT Career Fair is: Friday, March 1st, 2024, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Employers: Our career fair registration will be done through Handshake, the leading on-line career platform for recruiting University students, and used across UMass Amherst. The actual fair also uses the Handshake system this semester. If you already have a Handshake employer account, please register for our Fair at the link below. If you are new to Handshake, please use this link to set up your Employer account to recruit at UMass Amherst. Once you set up your account, and have been approved to recruit with us, you can then post positions on Handshake whenever you wish, and register for our career fairs. Handshake is easy to use, but if you need additional help, here are 2 guides:
- Exhibitor early-bird registration ends: February 1, 2024
- Student registration starts: January 1, 2024
- Exhibitor registration deadline: February 23, 2024
Also: Save the date! Our next career fairs will be: Fri. 3/1/2024, Fri. 9/27/2024, Fri. 3/7/2025
Is your company interested in getting reminders for future fairs? Sign up for our email notifications (select the “BCT Career Fairs” option). Important: We will only send reminders to this email list from now on. If you are not on the list, then you will miss out on those announcements.
Feel free to contact us at any point through our contact page.
Career fair impressions
(Images: Duy Le, Alex Schreyer)