The University of Massachusetts Amherst
HFA - College of Humanities & Fine Arts view HFA submenu


Students who choose to pursue a minor in Chinese or Japanese complete the elementary level requirement in contemporary language as part of a total of 24 credits, choosing from the wide range of courses offered in language, literature, and culture.

Students who wish to minor in Chinese or Japanese must declare themselves when the course work for the minor has been completed or during their final semester. To declare a minor, download or pick up a copy of the Declaration of Academic Minor form, complete Section A, and bring it to one of the undergraduate advisors along with a copy of your unofficial transcript. After the undergraduate advisor has completed and signed Section B, submit the form to the EALC Program Office in Herter 440 before your graduation.