EventsBack to calendar
Chinese Language Club
Join us every Wednesday this fall semester for Chinese Language Club! All levels of Chinese language ability are welcome. If you're interested in Chinese language and culture then this is the place! Each week we'll have activities and discussions for you to enjoy and participate in.
The list below will be updated as the weekly activities are scheduled. Please keep checking back to see what we have in store. Hope to see you there!
*we will meet every Wednesday in the fall 2019 semester except for holidays and Monday schedules
- Sept. 25, 2019 - The Secret of Chinese Character Learning: What are some of the ways Chinese characters are formed, and how do we learn them? Join us for a closer look at China's fascinating and beautiful writing system.
- Oct. 2, 2019 - Secret of Character Writing: We will explore Chinese characters as both a writing system and an artform, and learn about how writing characters beautifully helps us to make the characters our own.
- Oct. 9, 2019 - Movie Night! 访华 (Youth): "When Xiaoping joins the military, delicate dreams are dashed by the events of a China undergoing revolution. The devastating Sino-Vietnamese War crashes into 1970s China, changing the lives of the army's young new recruits forever."
- Oct. 16, 2019 - Best Souvenirs to Bring Home from China: You're going to China - awesome! But what should you bring back for souvenirs? From multi-level sprawling gift shops to tiny stands hidden away in back alleys, in China there's something interesting to buy around every corner!
- Oct. 23, 2019 - Movie Night! 哪吒之魔童降世 (Ne Zha): "Born with unique powers, a boy is recruited to fight demons and save the community that fears him." Take a look at this video for some reactions from fans of the movie.
- Oct. 30, 2019 - Movie Discussion: The primary topic this week will be a discussion of last week's film screening, Ne Zha. Join us for fun conversation as we look at some of the themes from the film. Hope to see you there!
- Nov. 6, 2019 - Story of My Life in China: Today we invite four students who studied abroad in China over the summer to talk about their experiences, such as how they applied for programs and scholarships, and what life was like abroad.