East Asian Collection of the W. E. B. DuBois Library
The East Asian Collection is located primarily on the 21st and 22nd floors of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library, but East Asian language materials are also located in other areas throughout the Library:
- The East Asian Collection (21st floor): books and journals written in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean. Almost all of these materials may be checked out, but journals have a very short circulation period.
- The East Asian Reference Collection (22nd floor): selection of the most frequently consulted dictionaries, encyclopedia, and other reference tools for East Asian studies. This room is always unlocked. Reference materials may not be checked out.
- The East Asian Ref. Room READ Collections (22nd floor): collections of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language books for language learners. This includes graded readers, children's books, manga, and short story collections. These materials may be checked out.
- DVDs, CDs (6th floor, Media Collection): we have a large collection of movies, audiobooks, and documentaries. These materials are interfiled with the regular collection. They may be checked out.
- Rare books (25th floor): such as the Lyman collection are part of Special Collections and archives.
For assistance with East Asian language materials, services, or reference questions, please contact: