The Department of Architecture Program is looking for unique students who are independent thinkers, who observe the world and communicate their observations through creative work and/or research, who are interested in expression and problem solving; people who take initiative.
We encourage applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds. Graduates from a BA or BS in Architectural Studies or an equivalent degree may be given advanced standing in the Master of Architecture.
Submit an on-line application via the Graduate School Application Website.
The application process includes:
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement, no more than 3 pages. We encourage applicants to ask themselves “Why a Master of Architecture Degree?" "Why now?” “Why UMass?” and “What will I contribute?”
- Portfolio and/or documentation of previous creative work and/or research. A portfolio of creative work should include no more than twenty pages of art, architecture, and/or design work.
- Language tests are required of foreign student applicants, and requirements are listed on the Graduate School website.
- The GRE is not required for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
Prospective students to the Master of Architecture program are required to have completed one semester each of calculus and physics prior to graduating from the program.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 6th, 2023
- We are currently accepting applications for all programs.
- Master of Design has open "Rolling Admissions" throughout the year. Applicants can apply at any time for admission to the program in either the Fall or Spring.