The University of Massachusetts Amherst

How faculty and staff get a UCard

Your UCard is your official campus picture identification card and also serves as your library card and in some cases as your time card and door access card.  The UCard also has an optional debit feature which allows you to deposit funds which you can use at all campus venues and participating off-campus locations.

To get a UCard once you are on payroll, come to the UCard Office during normal business hours. Please bring a current picture ID driver’s license or passport with you to verify your identity.

If you are not yet on payroll but need a UCard immediately, you can get a UCard via the NENS (Non-Employee, Non-Student) process.  Instructions for your department on completing a NENS form application are available at the IT website.

For more information on the UCard and its uses, including opening a debit account, depositing funds, or reporting a lost card, visit the UCard website or call the UCard Office at 5-0197.

Administration & Finance Websites