The University of Massachusetts Amherst

How to help distressed students

If you are concerned about a student’s physical or mental health, for example if they are experiencing anxiety/depression, or have expressed concern about a situation they are navigating, information and resources are available from the Dean of Students Office. Additionally, there are tools and resources available in the Maroon Folder which outlines a variety of concerns that may come up for students. To contact the Dean of Students Office, call 413-545-2684 or submit the Student Support Request/Referral form. Mental health resources are a frequent referral in supporting students, and their office can be reached at the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH) at 413-545-2337 or 877-831-7421 for after-hours assistance.

Administration & Finance Websites