The University of Massachusetts Amherst

How to deposit and record cash, check and credit card receipts

Revenue in the form of cash, check, electronic funds transfer and credit card receipts should be deposited and recorded through the Bursar’s Office in accordance with collection security guidelines. Departments may not open bank accounts, including PayPal or other web-based accounts, without permission of the University Treasurer’s Office. Credit card transactions must be processed through university approved systems to ensure the safeguarding of credit card information. Contact the Reconciliation Accountant at 5-2368 for more information.

Administration & Finance Websites