Remote Workshop Coordinator Internship, Launchspace, Inc.
LaunchSpace, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose purpose is to provide a community makerspace, training center, and business incubation center to support innovative economic development in post-industrial, semi-rural communities of the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts. LaunchSpace is seeking a remote Workshop Coordinator to work with the Chief Executive Officer to coordinate and help implement our monthly workshop offering.
The part time Workshop Coordinator will support the CEO and staff with scheduling and overseeing the successful promotion of workshops. The goal of workshops at LaunchSpace is to introduce new skills, tools, and techniques to makerspace members and the general public. While initially only a five hour per week position, there is potential for growth of responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support CEO in work with instructors to schedule workshops
- Learn how to use shared internal Google calendar and to avoid overlap
- Acquire and confirm class details
- Publish workshops on website at 1-2 months in advance
- Become familiar with Keela, MailChimp and EventBrite
- Work with CEO to recruit new instructors through organizations network
- Promote workshops to fill participant slots
- Learn how to create events in EventBrite and Facebook
- Learn how to use Hootsuite to promote on social media
- Post to local social media groups and pages and build on promotion calendar list
- Learn how to use Canva for graphic design
- Support CEO to prepare class page of newsletter using templates
- Gather feedback from workshop participants
- Online followup surveys
- Meet weekly with CEO
- Schedule/curriculum approval
- Questions, concerns, feedback
- Communicate with workshop instructors
- Feedback and suggestions
- Social and sharing
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Basic graphic design skills, Canva (preferred)
- Experience with social media platforms, ideally on behalf of an organization or business
- Experience in Google Drive and Zoom.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid, with potential for academic credit and/or recommendation letter
JOB STATUS: Part-Time (about 5+ hours/week), flexible
HOW TO APPLY: Resume & brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org