UMass Amherst’s arts and humanities departments offer a rich and vast resource - students who need and want internships!
The Arts Extension Service’s Internship program offers you the opportunity to connect with potential UMass student interns through:
- Semi-annual Arts & Humanities Internship Fairs presented in collaboration with UMass HFA Advising & Career Center. Meet students in person and leave with your short list of candidates. Fairs are held semi-annually at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters. Register for the next Internship Fair today!
- Current Internship & Job Postings. You don’t have to attend a fair to list with us! AES promotes listed internships to students throughout the year.
- How to Get an Intern Info Sessions. Get help devising a competitive internship description and learn how to work successfully with students.
Follow the Remote Internship Toolkit to create a successful virtual internship experience.
How to Participate:
- Complete the internship posting form. Students are looking for fall or spring semester internships within driving distance of UMass or summer semester internships in the area and beyond!
- Join an upcoming Arts and Humanities Virtual Internship Fair. Sign-up today.
- Lead with the learning! Internships must be an exceptional learning experience for students. Be ready to provide support through weekly meetings with an experienced staff or board member.
- Leave space for individualization. The best internship experiences are those where you work with an intern to shape the internship to fit not only what you or your organization or business needs, but what the intern wants to learn.
- We are happy to help you create an exciting internship that is both an excellent learning experience AND helps your creative business. Email us at email@example.com.
- RSVP for an upcoming Internship Fair or How to Get an Intern Info Session.
For more Frequently Asked Questions about Internships, such as when to post your opportunity, see our Internships FAQ page.
The UMass Arts Entrepreneurship Initiative funds the Arts Extension Service’s Internship program. The Initiative works to advance our region’s culture, community, and creative economy by strengthening ties between students, artists, community leaders, and the University.