Prelude Preschool of the Arts - Arts Programming and Research Internship (Stipend)
Prelude Preschool of the Arts offers flexible, remote, arts-centered preschool programming for children ages 2-6. Social connection, love of learning, and fostering creativity are hallmarks of Prelude Preschool's remote learning. Prelude Preschool's remote programming is flexible to fit any family's needs. We offer live and on-demand arts enrichment classes with teaching artists from (either CMSS or Prelude) and arts integrated learning with teaching artists from Enchanted Circle. Prelude features, music, visual arts, theater yoga, dance, and more!
- Interns will attend Zoom classes 2-4 times per week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Each Zoom class is between 30 - 45 minutes.
- Interns will observe and record anecdotal notes about students' learning and behavior throughout the Zoom classes. We're interested in specifically learning more about students' social-emotional development and engagement with the arts in regards to participation, social interaction, and engagement, all within a remote preschool setting. Interns will work with a pre-developed observational assessment tool to measure student progress.
- Interns will analyze observations and present data findings to a supervisor on a regular basis.
- The interns will have a chance to work with leadership at Prelude Preschool of the Arts, Enchanted Circle, and educational experts in order to synthesize the data.
- The internship will culminate in a narrative research report on student learning and engagement at Prelude Preschool of the Arts.
Period of Internship: Spring
Pay Type: Stipend
Number of total hours of position per week: 4-6 hours
Application Due Date: Feb. 1
Apply: Send Resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other: Experience in early childhood education and/or data collection is preferred, but not required.