Playful Engineers - Arts Programming Internship
Playful Engineers is the creative home of teaching artist Jay Mankita. Jay presents hands-on STEM-oriented, arts-in-education programs through schools, libraries, organizations, and homes.
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Arts Programming Internship
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: This internship is for candidates who are interested in becoming teaching artists. Many aspects of this field are covered in the day-to-day arts programming that is created and presented here, including study and discussion of theory and practice of hands-on learning. Entrepreneurial and creative individuals are encouraged to apply!
Work may include the following:
- Assist in adapting events to online platforms.
- Learn how to evaluate programs.
- Gain understanding about teaching artistry.
- Assist with teaching program development.
- Help and learn how to make accessible teaching videos and materials.
- Research and organize next generation science teaching methods for age groups kindergarten through 9th grade.
- Learn about outreach and collaboration with teachers and arts administrators.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in Office and/or Google Drive.
- Experience with Zoom and or other online meeting platforms.
- Enthusiasm for the Playful Engineers’ mission.
- Other skills as required per position.
Preferred Qualifications: Interest in STEM/STEAM Education.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
HOURS PER WEEK: 6-12 hours (flexible)
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
INTERNSHIP AVAILABILITY: Multiple Semesters/Seasons.
OPEN TO: All Majors
CONTACT: Jay Mankita
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com