Playful Engineers - Arts Marketing and Communication Internship
ABOUT: Playful Engineers is the creative home of teaching artist Jay Mankita. Jay presents hands-on STEM-oriented, arts-in-education programs through schools, libraries, organizations, and homes.
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Arts Marketing and Communication Internship
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: This internship is for candidates interested in outreach, marketing, and promotion through web, social media, and email campaigns. Includes learning and implementing current system, while assisting with the development and launch of new system to strengthen online presence. Qualified candidates know how to listen, and have great communication skills, with solid spelling, vocabulary, and comprehension in English, though other languages are also a plus. Entrepreneurial and creative individuals are encouraged to apply!
Work may include the following:
- Assist in content creation including, email, blog, social media, and video creation;
- Assist in the research of target audiences;
- Research promotional tools to reach audiences;
- Help to maintain a social media presence;
- Other duties as necessary.
- Strong writing skills;
- Understanding of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Office and Google Drive;
- Enthusiasm for the organization’s mission;
- Other skills as needed per position.
- Completion of AES Arts Marketing course;
- Some experience with digital design and editing platforms such as Canva, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Spark, iMovie, and/or other photo/video editing programs is helpful.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
HOURS PER WEEK: 6-12 hours (flexible)
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
INTERNSHIP AVAILABILITY: Multiple Semesters/Seasons
OPEN TO: All Majors
CONTACT: Jay Mankita
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.