Jacob’s Pillow, a National Historic Landmark and recipient of the National Medal of Arts, is a year-round center for dance and home to America's longest-running international dance festival located in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. The Pillow encompasses the world-renowned international Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, presenting more than 50 dance companies and over 350 events each summer; The School at Jacob’s Pillow, one of the most prestigious professional dance training centers in the U.S.; the Pillow Lab, a residency program that supports new choreography; growing Community Engagement programs that serve local school children, artists, and community members alike; rare and extensive dance Archives, open to the public and available online at danceinteractive.jacobspillow.org, which chronicle more than a century of dance through photographs, videos of performances and talks with artists, costumes, and scholarly essays; and Apprenticeships, a Fellows Program, and an Internship Program that provide professional advancement and training opportunities.
Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Digital Content & Marketing Manager to join the Marketing Department and work closely with/report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications. This position is entrusted with designing and managing the distribution for all Jacob’s Pillow email campaigns, working with the Pillow’s digital marketing firm, Capacity Interactive, to create strategy and implement digital initiatives, design and manage all aspects of the Jacob’s Pillow website and ticketing site, project manage digital improvements projects, and supervise two seasonal Festival Marketing/Digital Media Interns
- Design and manage the distribution for all Jacob’s Pillow email campaigns, including monthly e-newsletters (weekly during the Festival), fundraising emails, application and audition alerts for The School at Jacob’s Pillow, intern recruitment, monthly Virtual Pillow Views, informational pre- and post-visit performance emails, Community Engagement event invitations, Development event invitations, targeted promotional offers, and more.
- Work to streamline email efforts with new database capabilities, utilizing segmented lists and automatic emails.
- Track, report on, and make suggestions for improvements to email campaign performance.
- Work with the Development department to track and implement email banner ads from Business Partners.
- Work with the Pillow’s digital marketing firm, Capacity Interactive, to create strategy and implement digital initiatives, including: manage and optimize Google AdWords, configure the Pillow’s Google Analytics account, monitor website usage and identify trends, and suggest changes to increase traffic, revenue, and improve purchase paths.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of digital marketing efforts using Google Analytics.
- Spearhead the design and management of all webpages on the Jacob’s Pillow website including updating copy and content, implementing major seasonal changes, managing website calendar, managing SEO strategies as well as suggesting areas for improvement, and collaborating cross-departmentally to fulfill each department’s digital needs.
- Manage the Pillow’s ticketing site via the Tessitura Network Web Express platform; updating for major seasonal changes.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Jacob’s Pillow and website vendors.
- Work with web developer Barrel to troubleshoot issues and updates; keep Director of Marketing & Communications apprised of major concerns or needs; manage allotted developer service hours.
- Work with vendors and staff to ensure grant requirements are met and project objectives are prioritized.
- Project manage discrete improvement projects with vendors, such as an ongoing accessibility audit and updates, and potential redesigns.
- Oversee iterative improvements and maintenance of Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive.
- Coordinate technical requirements with vendors and IT staff.
- Serve as a training resource to introduce new CMS to necessary staff.
- Hire two Marketing/Digital Media Interns during the Festival months (May-August) and supervise their creation and distribution of signage, webpages, and email campaigns.
- Protect brand voice and integrity in all published and digitally distributed content.
- At least 3-5 years of professional digital marketing experience
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience working with email marketing services, such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, WordFly, or Prospect2
- Experience working with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as Tessitura or Patron Manager
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience in managing supervisees
- Experience working with Photoshop, InDesign, and other Creative Suite programs, a plus
- Passion for and knowledge of dance and the performing arts, a major plus
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems in a strategic manner.
- Utilizes effective time-management skills.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and flexible.
- Creative thinker with a sense of humor.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: Ongoing
PAY TYPE: Paid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Job
JOB STATUS: Full-time
LOCATION: Becket, MA
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: College Degree
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com, with “Digital Content & Marketing Manager” in the subject line.