Jacob’s Pillow, a National Historic Landmark and recipient of the National Medal of Arts, is a year-round center for dance and home to America's longest-running international dance festival located in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. The Pillow encompasses the world-renowned international Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, presenting more than 50 dance companies and over 350 events each summer; The School at Jacob’s Pillow, one of the most prestigious professional dance training centers in the U.S.; the Pillow Lab, a residency program that supports new choreography; growing Community Engagement programs that serve local school children, artists, and community members alike; rare and extensive dance Archives, open to the public and available online at danceinteractive.jacobspillow.org, which chronicle more than a century of dance through photographs, videos of performances and talks with artists, costumes, and scholarly essays; and Apprenticeships, a Fellows Program, and an Internship Program that provide professional advancement and training opportunities.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Director of Facilities to join the year-round operations and work closely with other senior staff and the Deputy Director to maintain the entire physical plant, support all artistic programming, and develop a sustainable plan as the organization grows and expands.
• Direct and Manage the day to day Facilities work
• Create and Manage facility budgets for annual operations and capital projects
• Ensure successful, cost-effective application of human, physical, and technical resources
• Ensure all permits and inspections are secured in compliance with legal requirements. (fire suppression, building codes, water, and waste management, etc)
• Provide expertise and management oversight for the building, renovation, maintenance, cleaning, and repair of all buildings, grounds, and facilities
• Procure and maintain all facilities equipment and vehicles
• Plan and evaluate all aspects of physical plant including coordination of accessibility measures
Manage and implement the Systems Replacement Plan
• Plan and implement sustainable practices
• Assist in emergency response strategies
• Create “red books” and documentation of all procedures, infrastructure systems, and building conditions for the department and senior management
• Train staff on Safety Procedures
• On-call for emergencies
• Participate with other department heads in discussions involving strategic planning and general operations and management
• Staff the Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees with Director of Technical Production
• Five to seven years of senior-level facilities maintenance or related experience
• Excellent Project Management skills and supervisory experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of building trades, codes and fire and safety regulations
• Construction Supervisor’s License
SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Possess excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrates outstanding attention to detail.
• Demonstrates exceptional oral and written communication skills by conveying information effectively.
• Ability to solve problems in a strategic and tactical manner and use good judgment in making decisions
• Utilizes effective time-management skills.
• Well-organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and flexible
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Ongoing
PAY TYPE: Paid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Job
JOB STATUS: Full-time
LOCATION: Becket, MA
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: Construction Supervisor’s License
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com, with “Director of Facilities” in the subject line.