Jacob’s Pillow, a National Historic Landmark and recipient of the National Medal of Arts, is a year-round center for dance and home to America's longest-running international dance festival located in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. The Pillow encompasses the world-renowned international Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, presenting more than 50 dance companies and over 350 events each summer; The School at Jacob’s Pillow, one of the most prestigious professional dance training centers in the U.S.; the Pillow Lab, a residency program that supports new choreography; growing Community Engagement programs that serve local school children, artists, and community members alike; rare and extensive dance Archives, open to the public and available online at danceinteractive.jacobspillow.org, which chronicle more than a century of dance through photographs, videos of performances and talks with artists, costumes, and scholarly essays; and Apprenticeships, a Fellows Program, and an Internship Program that provide professional advancement and training opportunities.
Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Membership & Individual Support Manager, to develop and execute comprehensive plans in both Membership and Individual giving, evaluating and implementing fundraising programs to bring in new donors and steward current donors to maintain and increase their donations. The Manager must be self-motivated, committed to working at the highest level of quality, able to work both independently and in collaboration, multi-task on concurrent projects, and thrive within tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of best practice individual fundraising knowledge, with a track record of using effective strategies and tactics to maximize revenue. The Manager must have a focus on customer service and some experience in delivering strong membership and donor events.
• Be the primary contact for donors at giving levels up to $2,000.
• Plan appropriate and strong membership appeals and renewals (in concert with the Marketing Department) as well as acknowledgements, follow-ups, and benefit fulfillment.
• Plan outreach opportunities for individual giving separate from membership, and communicate directly with this constituency.
• Research and recommend new opportunities for attracting donors.
• Develop strategies, tactics, and calendars for appeals, working closely with Marketing to facilitate a comprehensive plan that aligns with ticket sales, community engagement opportunities, and other components of the wide spectrum of Jacob’s Pillow’s programs.
• Track and follow-up on donor commitments and pledges.
• Plan receptions and events that support membership and individual support, working closely with the Special Events Manager.
• Manage seasonal interns to implement the wide variety of Festival member needs and events, and train them positively and successfully.
• Develop newsletters and other communications that support the attainment of budgeted membership and individual support revenue.
• Work collaboratively on corporate partnership and sponsorship programs so that their benefit opportunities and fulfillment align appropriately with the Pillow’s membership structure.
• Develop income and expense projections and manage them carefully throughout the year.
• Help build campaigns and appeals in the database, working closely with the Systems Coordinator.
• Perform hands-on gift entry as necessary.
• College graduate with three to five years of experience with developing and managing special events; non-profit experience preferred.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience managing junior level staff
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
• Creative thinking and a sense of humor.
• Experience with donor databases, such as Tessitura, Salesforce, or Raiser’s Edge.
• Ability to manage confidential information with impeccable discretion.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency with Google applications such as Gmail, Gdocs, and Gsheets.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: TBD
PAY TYPE: Paid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Job
JOB STATUS: Full-time.
LOCATION: Becket, MA
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: College Degree
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com, with “Membership & Individual Support Manager” in the subject line.