I am a sculptor working in clay and bronze. I am also a life coach for artists and creatives and I am getting ready to run workshops and lectures based on the content of my sculptures. I believe in the power of art and the creative process to offer healing, inspiration and motivation to individuals and culture at large. My current work addresses our environmental crisis from the perspective of a deep paradigm shift. We need to move from thinking of ourselves as separate beings who own and have rights to abuse the land and ecosystems to an awareness of ourselves as part of a living earth. How can we live in healthy relationship to all of the rest of the earth and ecosystems?
The intern will have the opportunity to learn how to work effectively with an artist and small business owner to engage with a variety of platforms for art sales, research and marketing. The intern will assist in researching avenues for marketing and promotion, as well as developing and implementing online marketing.
Requirements include: Interest in social media marketing and web site development. Desire to engage with marketing that is conscientious and generous. Willingness to learn, collaborate, share ideas, accept constructive feedback, and follow direction with some independence. This position will best support a student with some existing marketing experience and an eagerness to research and learn.
The internship will be shaped in response to both the current marketing projects and your learning goals.
Possible projects include:
- Assist in uploading images and information to sales sites both on the artist’s web site and etsy or other art marketing site.
- Assist in developing effective marketing materials for art sales and workshop and lecture series.
- Assist in refining web pages and creating effective SEO strategies.
- Research and assist in developing a social media marketing plan.
- Learn to research grant opportunities.
- Discuss strategies for implementing long term project involving both site specific sculpture and also technology based interactive documentation.
- Participate in identifying and research potential site partners, workshop locations and speaking gigs.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: One or two semesters
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part time- 3-6 hours a week
LOCATION: Shutesbury - 15 min drive from campus.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Priority Deadline September 20th. Open until filled.
REQUIRED DEGREE: All majors
CONTACT: Val Gilman firstname.lastname@example.org, (814)282-0545
HOW TO APPLY: Resume, cover letter, send to email@example.com