Winners of the 2016 American Prize, The Valley Winds is a 45 piece professional-caliber Wind Ensemble (band) in the Pioneer Valley. An artistically driven ensemble with an emphasis on community relevance, The Valley Winds provides a variety of free and low-cost concerts designed to be accessible and enjoyable to all in the Pioneer Valley, and is committed to musical excellence for students and adults of all ages. https://www.thevalleywinds.com/
The goals of the Arts Administrative Intern will be to:
- Help increase audience engagement in the Pioneer Valley and beyond.
- Help inform public of events, performances, and fundraisers.
- Work with existing leadership to help reshape all areas of publicity and marketing for the organization.
Opportunities and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing web/social media platforms including, but not limited to, our website, Facebook page, and Instagram account.
- Assist in distributing information to concert and community calendars, print advertisement, and radio spots.
- Attend rehearsals, board meetings, and performances.
- Pursue grants appropriate to the organization.
- Create and capture images and videos for website and social media platforms.
- Maintain and correspond with our electronic and print mailing lists.
The Arts Administrative Intern would need to be at all board meetings (once a month) and all Concerts (three total), as well as rehearsals as necessary. All dates are Sundays, with one exception.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Fall, Spring, or Summer Semesters
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: The ensemble rehearses and performs at various locations around the Valley, including The Academy of Music, Belchertown High School, Hatfield High School, etc.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: October 28th
REQUIRED DEGREE: High School Diploma or equivalent.
CONTACT: Chris Moehringer, President, Brian Messier Managing Director email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants should send a resume of relevant experience and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.