Easthampton’s iconic Old Town Hall is managed by CitySpace and owned by the City of Easthampton is an historic building (1869) located in the heart of Easthampton. CitySpace works to establish and maintain the Old Town Hall as a vital center for the arts in the heart of Easthampton, a small city that is experiencing a cultural renaissance. Easthampton OTH is the home of Easthampton City Arts, the Flywheel Arts Collective, and Big Red Frame. Over the past decade, CitySpace has been awarded numerous grants to design and renovate the Old Town Hall’s interior.
The Marketing Intern will work with the CitySpace board to help tell the story of Cityspace through social media, press outreach and digital and print assets.
During this internship you will learn how to tell CitySpace’s story through marketing. Take part in the strategy building for a new marketing plan and learn to be the voice of an organization through images, email updates, and connecting with the press. Work directly with the board to learn ongoing developments in the organization.
Primary skills learned and duties:
- Collaborate on developing a quarterly marketing plan;
- Learn how a small arts organization builds and maintains relationships with current and potential constituents;
- Run and evaluate multiple social media campaigns simultaneously;
- Develop a portfolio of marketing samples.
- Take, make, and post images, videos, and stories appropriate to different social media platforms;
- Develop interviews and written pieces on CitySpace developments, events, and with key individual and organizations;
- Write and edit email newsletters, marketing materials, and press releases;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Must be reliable, responsible, and detail-oriented;
- Attendance at monthly board meeting in Easthampton;
- Familiarity with image correction software such as Adobe Photoshop (or other similar software) and social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram a plus.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: Old Town Hall, 43 Main Street, Easthampton, MA
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: Open to all majors
CONTACT: Burns Maxey, email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org