ABOUT THE SPRINGFIELD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (www.springfieldsymphony.org)
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra has been part of the cultural landscape of the Pioneer Valley since 1944, and performs a series of classical music and special event concerts at Springfield Symphony Hall. Please visit www.SpringfieldSymphony.org for more information.
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra seeking creative and motivated individuals looking to utilize their development, patron management, and event planning skills to join a growing team. Development Interns are responsible for supporting and assisting in the development strategies for the organization including audience development, database management, donor tracking, annual fund appeals, volunteer coordination, and event management.
- Assisting in the production and distribution of Annual Fund appeals according to best practices
- Coordination of “thank you” responses to donors
- Assisting with database management, including appropriate tracking of donations/donor touches, generation of appropriate lists, and assessment of current system
· Assist in the coordination of organization-wide development-related messaging and scheduling across platforms (e-newsletter, website, Facebook, etc.) in collaboration with Marketing
· Helping with the management of special fundraising events
- Coordination with volunteer teams on various fundraisers
- Assist marketing with promotional tasks
- Attend all SSO concerts and assist with marketing and development patron management and stewardship
- Prospecting via phone calls, letter writing, data building
- Other duties as assigned
· Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences across a variety of platforms, including social media.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage donors and board members, work effectively with others, and demonstrate leadership and professionalism
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using databases management software
· Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and constant follow through with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
· Familiarity with orchestral music is a plus
· An ability to work some weekends and evenings.
Our schedule is flexible and we are willing to make accommodations for qualified applicants. If applicants are interested in interning during a different time frame, they encouraged to inquire with our Development Director. Up to 10 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer. The SSO is flexible in scheduling to ensure that internship requirements are met. Regular business hours are 9 AM to 5 PM. Time may be required on concert weekends and for special events in the evenings and on weekends.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Sept. – Dec., Jan – May, and May-Aug. 2019/2020.
PAY TYPE: unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: Springfield Symphony Orchestra Administrative Offices, 1441 Main St., Springfield
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: All majors welcome
CONTACT: Bethany Petano
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Bethany Petano at email@example.com, 413-733-0636 x121.