ABOUT SPRINGFIELD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (SpringfieldSymphony.org)
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra has been part of the cultural landscape of the Pioneer Valley since 1944, and performs a series of classical music and special event concerts at Springfield Symphony Hall. For more information about the 2016-2017 Concert Season, call the SSO Box Office at (413) 733-2291 or visit www.SpringfieldSymphony.org.
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra seeking creative and motivated individuals looking to gain experience and knowledge of marketing communications in a nonprofit arts setting. Marketing Interns are responsible for providing general support to the Director of Marketing Communications in all phases of the 2017-2018 Season promotional planning and execution, including interaction with and management of a full service marketing firm assisting the SSO.
· Maintain media relations distribution lists
· Draft content for and pitch local media with story ideas
· Update and maintain Social Media calendar
· Draft SM materials and post on appropriate sites
· Update website, as needed, using CMS
· Assist in preparing and mailing subscription campaign materials, press releases, post card mailings, donor letters, etc.
· Attend concerts and help staff info table and Box Office
· Prospecting calls for program book ad sales
· Proof reading and other duties as assigned
· Attention to detail and follow-through skills essential
· Excellent organizational and office skills
· Must be able to work on multiple jobs simultaneously
· Outgoing, pleasant, and accommodating, with strong communication skills
· Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Access a plus
· Some instruction on software programs used in office is possible
· College level students required
· Preference given to those majoring in Arts Administration or Music but students majoring in Business, Marketing, Non-Profit Studies, and Communications are also encouraged to apply
Our schedule is flexible and we are willing to make accommodations for qualified applicants. If applicants are interested in interning during a different time frame, they encouraged to inquire with our Director of Marketing Communications. Up to 10 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer. The SSO is flexible in scheduling to ensure that internship requirements are met. Regular business hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Time may be required on concert weekends and for special events in the evenings and on weekends.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Sept. – Dec., Jan – May, and May-Aug. 2019/2020.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: Springfield Symphony Orchestra Administrative Offices, 1441 Main St., Springfield
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: Open to all majors
CONTACT: Bianca Couture
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Bianca Couture at email@example.com or call (413) 733-0636 x118.