Marketing and Communications Intern, Music and Dance Department - UMass Amherst, Amherst, MA
The UMass Amherst Music & Dance Department is seeking a creative and focused Marketing/Communications Intern to help us expand our reach in the Five College area and the region. The intern would gain valuable hands-on experience in arts marketing and arts management while working with the Department’s Director of Marketing/Public Relations and the Publicity/Marketing Assistant & Website Manager.
Primary skills learned and duties:
- Editing photographs and other content for Department’s new Drupal-based website;
- Writing press releases for upcoming events;
- Entering performance data into online event calendars;
- Proofing draft content for annual alumni magazine.
Depending on the candidate’s interests and skills, other skills learned and duties may include
- Producing and/or posting creative content for social media;
- Designing flyers, posters, and other printed promotional materials;
- Assisting in creating email blasts for upcoming events using Emma marketing platform;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written communication skills;
- Must be reliable, responsible, and detail-oriented;
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Suite software and social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram a plus.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Spring, Summer, or Fall.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part time – flexible; 4-8 hours per week ideal
LOCATION: UMass Amherst Fine Arts Center, Music Wing
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling.
REQUIRED DEGREE: All majors;
CONTACT: Matt Longhi, Director of Marketing/PR, UMass Amherst Dept. of Music & Dance, email@example.com; 413-545-0018
HOW TO APPLY: Please write a letter of interest and send with resume to the director’s email. Call with any questions.