Lighting Internship, Double Edge Theatre
Double Edge Theatre's mission is to create a 'living culture' by developing the highest quality of original theatre performance, based on the long-term imaginative work of its ensemble of artists and their rich interaction with the communities in which the work takes place—and by cultivating a permanent center of performance, training, research, and cultural exchange at The Farm in Ashfield, Massachusetts.
Double Edge offers a fast-paced and exciting learning environment culminating in the annual DE Summer Spectacle performances on the Farm (June-mid Aug). The Lighting intern is expected to bring energy and enthusiasm and be open to challenging tasks. Because of the various types of settings, much of the work is site specific resulting in a need for problem solving and creative solutions. In addition to setting up the instruments for performance locations, the intern will work as with the Lighting Designer during the focus sessions as either the board operator, or as the person focusing the units. He/She/They will also be responsible for the lighting shop upkeep and organization.
Skills necessary for the position:
- Basic knowledge of how to hang, circuit, focus, and change the lamp in lighting units;
- Experience working from a ladder at various heights;
- Familiarity with setting up DMX dimming systems;
- Knowledge of turning on and booting up the ETC controllers and some basic programming command, including Lustr color changing;
- Familiarity with truss and pipe rigging and the hardware involved;
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Summer
PAY TYPE: Stipend, $400 - 500 per month + housing and food
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: All majors
CONTACT: Cariel Klein, email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org